Eleuthera and Harbour Island Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eleuthera and Harbour Island Restaurant Reviews
Don't let the outdoor dining on rustic wood tables fool you—Harbour Island and Eleuthera offer sophisticated cuisine that rivals any restaurants in Nassau. Although the place is usually casual and you never have to wear a tie, food is taken seriously. Of course, island specialties such as cracked conch, barbecued pork or chicken, and the succulent Bahamian lobster most locals call crawfish still abound, but you'll also find cappuccinos, steak, and lobster ravioli. Stop by Harbour Island's conch shacks on Bay Street north of Government Dock, where you can eat fresh conch salad on decks next to the water.
Most eateries are closed Sunday. Many restaurants have entertainment on regular nights so plan your dining schedule accordingly.
Browse Eleuthera and Harbour Island Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe