Eleuthera and Harbour Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Eleuthera and Harbour Island
Play in pink sand: Glorious, soft pink sand, the ethereal shade of the first blush of dawn, draws beach connoisseurs to Harbour Island, which boasts a world-famous 3-mi stretch. Plenty of pretty pink beaches also dot Eleuthera's east and north coasts.
Ogle island architecture: Lovely 18th- and 19th-century homes with storybook gables and gingerbread verandas are the norm on Harbour Island and Spanish Wells. Picturesque Victorian houses overlook Governor's Harbour in Eleuthera.
Savor soulful sounds: Nights here rock with the hot new Bahamian group Afro Band, the hip hop of TaDa, the traditional sound of Jaynell Ingraham, the calypso of Dr. Sea Breeze, the soul music of Ronnie Butler, and the impromptu performances of local resident Lenny Kravitz (who built a recording studio in Gregory Town).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe