- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Junkanoo Celebrations take place in Nicholl's Town, North Andros on New Year's Day, including a traditional Junkanoo parade, music, dancing, and food. Bimini host a series of fishing tournaments and boating events throughout the year, including the Bahamas Wahoo Challenge (November and February).
April fishing tournaments in Bimini include Bahamas Billfish Championship, Bimini Women in Fishing, and the Ocean Reef Rendezvous. Bimini also hosts an annual Homecoming (formerly the Bimini Regatta), which takes place Easter weekend.
In June, five days of crab races, cook-offs, live Rake 'n' Scrape music, and national musical artists comprise the All Andros Crab Fest in Fresh Creek. The North Andros–Berry Islands Regatta takes place the second weekend in July, featuring A and B Class Bahamian sailing sloops, local cuisine, and entertainment at Regatta Village in Morgan's Bluff. Goombay Festivals —traditional summertime parties with dance troupes and musical groups—take place throughout summer in Andros. The Berry Islands kick off a month of cultural celebrations the first weekend in July with Conch Fest/Junkanoo Summer Festival. The Berries' Lobster Festival early in August includes cooking contests and music. Bimini holds its Sail Race in June, itsAnnual Bimini Native Tournament in August, and the Bahamas Boating Flings (formerly the Bimini Open Angling Tournament) in July and August.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe