- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
In the Berry Islands, the government airport in Great Harbour Cay (GHC) receives regular flights from Nassau (Cat Air), Fort Lauderdale (Gulfstream International), and Grand Bahama (Flamingo Air) plus private charters from south Florida and other Bahamas islands. Chub Cay (CCZ) has a private airport with regular flights from Nassau (Pineapple Air) and Fort Lauderdale (Gulfstream). There's another private airport on Big Whale Cay.
The Great Harbour Cay airport is within walking distance of resorts, but taxis are available at the airport, as are car, golf cart, and boat rentals, but you can get around the main settlement of Bullock's Harbour by foot. Car and golf-cart rentals run about $60 per day. Chub Cay resort provides transportation to its property.
Captain Gurth Dean leaves Potter's Cay, Nassau, Tuesday evening for Bullock Harbour in the Berry Islands with stops in Sandy Point and Moore's Island, Abaco. The trip takes about seven hours and costs $60 one way. Return is Friday morning. Sherice "M" leaves Potter's Cay, Nassau, Wednesday afternoon for North Bimini, Cat Cay, and Chub Cay. The trip takes about 12 hours and costs $65 one-way. Return is Saturday morning.
On Great Harbour Cay, you can get most places by foot, but you can also rent a bike, car, or golf cart. Golf-cart rentals go for about $50 a day. They are the most common and convenient source of transportation off the water.
Happy People's Rental (Great Harbour Cay. 242/367–8117.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe