- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coolie Mae Restaurant
Coolie Mae Restaurant Review
Expats, locals, and visitors rate Mae's food as the best on the island. Her bright sign makes the casual 60-seat restaurant in the Village, on the north side of the marina entrance, easy to find. Mae's secret is simple: she uses the best and freshest ingredients available each day to serve up wonderful home-style chow. Midday, try the conch salad, panfried grouper, or a tasty burger. Broiled lobster, steaks, pork chops, and fried conch along with peas 'n' rice and macaroni and cheese are dinner specialties. The menu changes daily, but the world famous Guava Duff is always available for dessert. Place your order in advance or call days ahead for a reservation.
- Address: The Village, Great Harbour Cay
- Phone: 242/367–8730
- Location: The Berry Islands
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more