- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coolie Mae Restaurant
Coolie Mae Restaurant Review
Expats, locals, and visitors rate Mae's food as the best on the island. Her bright sign makes the casual 60-seat restaurant in the Village, on the north side of the marina entrance, easy to find. Mae's secret is simple: she uses the best and freshest ingredients available each day to serve up wonderful home-style chow. Midday, try the conch salad, panfried grouper, or a tasty burger. Broiled lobster, steaks, pork chops, and fried conch along with peas 'n' rice and macaroni and cheese are dinner specialties. The menu changes daily, but the world famous Guava Duff is always available for dessert. Place your order in advance or call days ahead for a reservation.
- Address: The Village, Great Harbour Cay
- Phone: 242/367–8730
- Location: The Berry Islands
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
Can anyone who's been there within past year or so comment on the restaurants there? Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more