- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tamboo Club Review
A tradition at the Great Harbour Marina, this supper club—once a private club for the likes of Cary Grant and Brigitte Bardot—is now public and open on Saturday and other nights with reservations depending on the season. There is usually a lively crowd enjoying both local and international fare such as grilled seafood, rack of lamb, beef tenderloin, pork loin, baked duck, Cornish hen, and Bahamian specialties like smothered chicken with macaroni and cheese. The bar has satellite TV and backgammon. At press time, the restaurant was open but up for sale; call ahead.
- Address: Great Harbour Marina, Great Harbour Cay
- Phone: 242/367–8203
- Location: The Berry Islands
- No credit cards.
- Sometimes closed in Aug. and Sept.; call ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
What a discovery! Read more
Twice a year I have the opportunity to relive some of my fondness memories growing up in Nassau. Read more
Hello there! Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more