Andros, Bimini, and the Berry Islands Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Andros, Bimini, and the Berry Islands Restaurant Reviews
Dining in these parts is a casual experience and rarely involves anything fancy. Restaurants, lodges, and inns serve traditional Bahamian fare—fresh seafood, grilled chicken, johnnycake, cracked (deep-fried) conch, and barbecued pork with all the fixings (potato salad, coleslaw, peas ’n' rice, and macaroni and cheese). Call ahead to make sure a restaurant is open; some require you to order your dinner ahead of time. Resort restaurants are often the most dependable source of sit-down meals and most welcome nonguests. Many of the favored food outlets are take-out places. Thatched conch stands and colorful roadside bars are a treat—and a cool way to mingle with the locals.
Hotel and Restaurant Prices
Restaurant prices are based on the median main course price at dinner, excluding gratuity, typically 15%, which is often automatically added to the bill. Hotel prices are for two people in a standard double room in high season, excluding service and 6%–12% tax.
Browse Andros, Bimini, and the Berry Islands Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's