- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bigger, with better beaches and higher elevation than low-lying North Bimini, South Bimini is nonetheless the quieter of the two islands. Home to the island's only airport, it has a smattering of shops near the ferry landing where boats make regular crossings between the two islands, a short five-minute ride. Bimini Sands Resort occupies the bulk of the island with its safe-harbor marina, condos, beach club, and nature trail. It helps preserve the island's eco-focus by staying low-key and keeping much of its land undeveloped. It also helps maintain the little Fountain of Youth Park, the Sharklab, and beaches.
South Bimini at a Glance
Elsewhere in Bimini
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's