- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Catch a taxi in South Bimini at the South Bimini Airport for transportation to the ferry service between South Dock and North Dock. The entire process costs $5. Once there, walk or take one of the waiting taxis to your accommodations. Ferries cannot take you directly to your hotel or marina—to Bimini Bay Resort for example—because government regulations protect the taxi union.
Most people get around North Bimini on gas-powered golf carts, and they are available for rent from various vendors and resorts for $70 to $90 per day, or $20 for the first hour, and $10 for each additional hour.
Capt. Pat's (Alice Town, North Bimini. 242/347-3477.)
The Bimini Tram regularly runs the length of North Bimini to Bimini Bay for $3 per person. It picks up at a number of stops along King's Highway.
Bimini Tram (242/473-2055.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- $159 -- Nassau 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 40% Off — $159 Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort & Casino