- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
The Bimini Barge Wreck (a World War II landing craft) rests in 100 feet of water. Little Caverns is a medium-depth dive with scattered coral heads, small tunnels, and swim-throughs. Rainbow Reef is a shallow dive popular for fish gazing. And, of course, there's Bimini Road to Atlantis, thought to be the famous "lost city." Dive packages are available through most Bimini hotels. You can also check out the best diving options through the Bahamas Diving Association (954/236-9292 www.bahamasdiving.com).
Bimini Undersea. Headquartered in Fisherman Village at Bimini Bay Resort, Bimini Undersea is the Dive and Watersports Center at Bimini Bay Resort & Marina. They offer myriad excursions and experiences, including scuba diving, snuba, nature boat tours, paddleboarding, fishing, and snorkeling near a delightful pod of Atlantic spotted dolphins. You can also rent or buy snorkel and diving gear. They offer two, two-tank dives a day and introductory scuba lessons. Dive packages with accommodations at Bimini Bay Resort are available, but day-trippers are also welcome to partake in Bimini Undersea's excursions. Bimini Bay Resort & Marina, North Bimini, Bimini. 242/347–2941; 786/462 4641 U.S. number. www.biminiundersea.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe