- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Mangrove Cay Airport (MAY) has daily flights from Nassau via Le Air. The cay's main road runs south from Moxey Town, past the airport, then along coconut-tree-shaded beaches to the settlement of Lisbon Creek. Car rentals are available from B&I Enterprises for exploring Mangrove Cay's 8 miles of roads. They run about $70 to $85 a day. Taxis meet airplanes and ferries and are available for transporting and touring around the islands.
A free government ferry makes the half-hour trip between Mangrove Cay and South Andros twice daily. It departs from South Andros at 9 am and 5 pm and from Mangrove Cay at 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, but schedules are subject to change. Call the Commissioner's Office for information. There's no public transportation from Central Andros to Mangrove Cay.
B & I Enterprises (Mangrove Cay, Andros Island. 242/369–0353.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's