- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Mangrove Cay airport (MAY) has flights from Nassau via Performance Air, Western Air, or private charter. Western Air accepts cash only. Taxis meet incoming flights.
The cay's main road runs south from Moxey Town, past the airport, then along coconut-tree-shaded beaches to the settlement of Lisbon Creek. Car rentals are available for exploring Mangrove Cay's 8 mi of roads. They run about $70 to $85 a day. Taxis meet airplanes and ferries and are available for transporting and touring around the islands.
A free government ferry makes the half-hour trip between Mangrove Cay and South Andros twice daily. It departs South Andros at 8 am and 4 pm and departs Mangrove Cay at 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, but schedules are subject to change. Call the Commissioner's Office for information. There's no public transportation from Central Andros to Mangrove Cay.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe