- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Andros Town airport (ASD) sees the most traffic on the island. Besides Western Air and Performance Air, which fly from Nassau into all four Andros airports daily, LeAir flies only to Andros Town twice a day. Continental Connection flies in sporadically from Fort Lauderdale. Taxis meet airplanes and ferries. The fare from the airport to Fish Creek is $15; to Cargill Creek area, some 20 mi south of the airport, about $40.
A number of car-rental operators are available (rentals start at $70 a day), but if you're staying in the Cargill Creek area, you'll probably be doing most of your traveling by boat. In Andros Town, you can easily get around to the local restaurants, beaches, and blue holes by bike and foot.
Adderley's Car Rental (Fresh Creek, Central Andros, Andros Island. 242/357–2149.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe