Horseback Riding in Aruba
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ranches offer short jaunts along the beach or longer rides along trails passing through countryside flanked by cacti, divi-divi trees, and aloe vera plants. Ask if you can stop off at Cura di Tortuga, a natural pool that's reputed to have restorative powers. Rides are also possible in Arikok National Wildlife Park. Rates run from $35 for an hour-long trip to $65 for a three-hour tour; private rides cost slightly more.
Rancho Daimari. Have your horse lead you to water—at the Natural Pool—in the morning or afternoon for $78 per person. The "Junior Dudes" program is tailored to young riders. There are also ATV trips. Tanki Leendert 249, San Nicolas. 297/586–6284. www.arubaranchodaimari.com..
Rancho Notorious. The one- to three-hour tours here include one to the countryside for $55 and a trip to the beach for $100. All skill levels are welcome. The company also organizes ATV and mountain-biking trips. Boroncana, Noord. 297/586–0508. www.ranchonotorious.com..
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's