Golf in Aruba
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aruba Golf Club. This 9-hole course has 20 sand traps, five water traps, roaming goats, and lots of cacti. There are also 11 greens covered with artificial turf, making 18-hole tournaments a possibility. The clubhouse has a bar and locker rooms. Greens fees are $25 for 9 holes, $35 for 18 holes. Golf carts are available. Golfweg 82, San Nicolas. 297/584-2006.
The Links at Divi Aruba. This 9-hole course was designed by Karl Litten and Lorie Viola. The par-36, paspalum-grass course (best for seaside courses) takes you past beautiful lagoons. Amenities include a golf school with professional instruction, a swing-analysis station, a driving range, and a two-story golf clubhouse with a pro shop. Two restaurants are available: Windows on Aruba for fine dining and Mulligan's for a casual and quick lunch. Greens fees are $90 for 9 holes, $129 for 18 from December to April; guests of the Divi properties get a discount. J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 93, Oranjestad. 297/581-4653.
Tierra del Sol. This stunning course is on the northwest coast near the California Lighthouse. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., this 18-hole championship course combines Aruba's native beauty—cacti and rock formations—with the lush greens of the world's best courses. The greens fees vary depending on the time of day (from December to March it is $159 in the morning, $129 for early afternoon, and $100 from 3 pm). The fee includes a golf cart equipped with a communications system that allows you to order drinks for your return to the clubhouse. Half-day golf clinics, a bargain at $55, are available Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The pro shop is one of the Caribbean's most elegant, with an extremely attentive staff. Malmokweg. 297/586-0978.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1399 & up -- 12-Nt. Caribbean Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air, $950 Off — $799 CheapCaribbean.com