- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The main roads are mostly in good condition, with some bumpy dirt stretches at remote locations and a few hilly areas that flood easily and become impassable for a day. Driving is on the left. To rent a car, you need a valid license and a temporary permit ($20), available through the rental agent. Costs start at about $50 per day in season, with unlimited mileage, though multiday discounts are standard. Most agencies offer automatic or stick shift and right- and left-hand drive. Four-wheel-drive vehicles ($55 per day) will get you more places and are useful because so many roads are full of potholes.
Dollar (268/462–0362. www.dollarantigua.com.)
Hertz (268/481–4440 St. John's; 268/481–4455 airport branch.)
Thrifty (268/462–9532 St. John's; 268/462–8803 airport.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's