Shopping in Antigua and Barbuda
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Antigua and Barbuda Shopping
Antigua's duty-free shops are at Heritage Quay, one reason so many cruise ships call here. Bargains can be found on perfumes, liqueurs, and liquor (including English Harbour Antiguan rum), jewelry, china, and crystal. As for other local items, check out straw hats, baskets, batik, pottery, Susie's hot sauce, and hand-printed cotton clothing. Fine artists to look for include Gilly Gobinet (neo-Post-Impressionist island-scapes), Heather Doram (exquisite, intricately woven collage wall hangings), Jan Farara, Jennifer Meranto (incomparable hand-painted black-and-white photos of Caribbean scenes), and Heike Petersen (delightful dolls and quilts). Several artists and craftspeople have banded together to form www.antiguanartists.com, which lists their information, including whether they accept atelier visits by appointment.
Browse Antigua and Barbuda Shopping
Browse Antigua and Barbuda Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's