- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
By restoring part of Ft. James, with its glorious views of the bay and headlands, and converting it into a semi-alfresco eatery, Russell's delivers a delightful dining experience. Jazz and reggae on the sound system (live music Friday and Sunday, with open mike Monday), beamed ceilings, cool canvases of musical instruments in fevered Fauvist hues, and red or black hurricane lamps lend a romantic aura to the stone-and-wood terrace. The limited menu—local specialties emphasizing seafood—includes fabulous chunky conch fritters and whelks in garlic butter. Danielle Russell maintains the tradition her father established at this restaurant. Russell's sister Faye co-owns Papa Zouk, and sister Valerie runs Shirley Heights Lookout; the Hodges might well be Antigua's first family of food.
- Address: Fort James
- Phone: 268/462–5479
- Location: Antigua and Barbuda
- Closed Tues. No lunch Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
If there is one destination that needs to be added to your bucket list it is Jumby Bay. Read more
Assuming we, like Sally in Seattle who just posted, can manage the trip to the Caribbean from the West Coast, which of these islands offers the nicest "beach" experience?
The two resorts I'm considering Read more
· News & Features
From roadside barbecues to brightly painted seaside shacks, Antigua's newest restaurants are offering ... Read more
This tropical wonderland is a dream for any sun-and-sea worshiper, and with direct flights available daily... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more