- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Papa Zouk Review
Who would have thought that two jovial globe-trotting German gents could create a classic Caribbean hangout? But the madras tablecloths, straw lamps, fishnets festooned with Christmas lights, painted bottles of homemade hot sauces, art naif, colorful island clientele, and lilting rhythms on the sound system justify the name (zouk is a sultry musical stew of soul and calypso). Seafood is king, from butterfish to Barbudan snapper, served either deep-fried or steamed with a choice of such sauces as guava-pepper teriyaki or tomato-basil-coriander. Tangy Caribbean bouillabaisse with garlicky Parmesan mayonnaise and the tapas platter are specialties, as are the knockout rum punches. Finish dinner with a snifter of aged rum: the tiny, Pollock-style handpainted bar holds 250 varieties from around the globe.
- Address: Hilda Davis Dr., Gambles Terrace St. John's
- Phone: 268/464–0795; 268/464–6044
- Location: Antigua and Barbuda
- No credit cards.
- Closed May–Oct. and Sun. No lunch sometimes; call ahead for hrs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
If there is one destination that needs to be added to your bucket list it is Jumby Bay. Read more
Thanks to everyone that has helped in the past plan fun trips for two. Read more
· News & Features
From roadside barbecues to brightly painted seaside shacks, Antigua's newest restaurants are offering ... Read more
This tropical wonderland is a dream for any sun-and-sea worshiper, and with direct flights available daily... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more