Horseback Riding in Antigua and Barbuda
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Comparatively dry Antigua is best for beach rides, though you won't find anything wildly romantic and deserted à la Black Stallion.
Spring Hill Riding Club. Spring Hill Riding Club specializes in equestrian lessons in show jumping and dressage but also offers $50 hour-long trail rides on the beach or through the bush past ruined forts, $75 for 90 minutes (bareback riding in the ocean is an additional $40); half-hour private lessons from a British Horse Society instructor are $25. Falmouth Harbour. 268/460–7787 or 268/773–3139. www.springhillriding.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe