Fishing in Antigua and Barbuda
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Antigua's waters teem with game fish such as marlin, wahoo, and tuna. Most boat trips include equipment, lunch, and drinks. Figure at least $495 for a half day, $790 for a full day, for up to six people.
Obsession. The 45-foot Hatteras Convertible Sportfisherman Obsession has top-of-the-line equipment, including an international-standard fighting chair, Rupp outriggers, and handcrafted rods. 268/462–3174. www.charternet.com/charters/obsession/.
Overdraft. Frankie Hart, a professional fisherman who knows the waters intimately and regales clients with stories of his trade, operates Overdraft, a spacious, fiberglass 40-footer outfitted with the latest techno-gadgetry. He also rents the 26-foot H2O, a ProKat versatile enough to accommodate fly-fishing and deeper-water bay bait fishing. 268/464–4954 or 268/463–3112. www.antiguafishing.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe