- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain's Bay Review
On the north coast just before the eastern tip of the island, this quarter-mile stretch of perfect white sand is bounded on the left by a rocky shoreline where Atlantic waves crash. If you make the tough, four-wheel-drive-only trip along the dirt road that leads to the northeastern end of the island toward Junk's Hole, you'll be rewarded with peaceful isolation. The surf here slaps the sands with a vengeance, and the undertow is strong—so wading is the safest water sport. Amenities: none. Best for: solitude.
- Location: Anguilla
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
The Viceroy wants you to go big this summer. ... Read more
There are some 85 million moms in the U.S.—and they all deserve some extra-special parental pampering... Read more
The Viceroy Hotel Group is helping us pull through the tail-end of winter with the promise of glorious... Read more