- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shoal Bay Review
Anchored by sea grape and coconut trees, the 2-mile (3-km) powdered-sugar strand at Shoal Bay (not to be confused with Shoal Bay West at the other end of the island) is one of the world's prettiest beaches. You can park free at any of the restaurants, including Elodia's, Uncle Ernie's, or Gwen's Reggae Grill, most of which either rent or provide chairs and umbrellas for patrons for about $20 a day per person. There is plenty of room to stretch out in relative privacy, or you can barhop or take a ride on Junior's Glass Bottom Boat. The relatively broad beach has shallow water that is usually gentle, making this a great family beach; a coral reef not far from the shore is a wonderful snorkeling spot. Sunsets over the water are spectacular. Amenities: food and drink. Best for: sunset; swimming; walking.
- Location: Anguilla
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I are planning a trip in April. Read more
· News & Features
The Viceroy wants you to go big this summer. ... Read more
There are some 85 million moms in the U.S.—and they all deserve some extra-special parental pampering... Read more
The Viceroy Hotel Group is helping us pull through the tail-end of winter with the promise of glorious... Read more