Le Jardin des Saveurs
Le Jardin des Saveurs Review
This special-occasion restaurant and bakery is the best on the island of Espiritu Santo. Owned and operated by Frenchman Francis Mouroux and his wife Catherine, Le Jardin serves some unusual foods, like flying fox (also called fruit bat) along with natou, a pigeon found on several Melanesian Pacific islands. Classic French dishes, such as escargots, frogs' legs, and chocolate soufflé for dessert round out the offerings. The plant-filled patio is a lovely spot for breakfast and lunch, while the venue morphs into a classy restaurant at night with dim lighting and tables graced with white cloths. It's hard to resist the aroma of croissants, chocolate bread, and quiche Lorraine baked fresh every morning, as well as the restaurant's alluring name, which means "garden of flavors."
- Address: Luganville, Tanna
- Phone: 678/37839
- Location: Vanuatu
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more