Vanuatu Travel Guide
Plan Your Vanuatu Vacation
With friendly Melanesia people, great snorkeling and diving, a strong village culture, and good shopping, Vanuatu is often considered the prime pick of the South Pacific. Each of the main islands has its own charms: Efate contains the capital Port Vila, along with the best eateries and resorts, plus good snorkeling; Tanna claims one of the world's most accessible active volcanoes; Espiritu Santo (or Santo) lures with beautiful beaches and shipwreck dive sites; and Pentecost Island is home to the legendary land divers.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Vanuatu restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more