Ava i Toga Bar & Restaurant
Ava i Toga Bar & Restaurant Review
Sitting pretty on a jetty that stretches out into the lagoon, this restaurant at Sinalei Reef Resort, on the island's south coast, is one of the most romantic places to dine in Samoa. The restaurant describes its cuisine as "modern Samoan" and features the freshest catch of the day and produce from local farms. Naturally, seafood is a must—consider the pan-fried coconut snapper served with fresh organic salad and the seared tuna on laupele pasta, the latter made from local spinach and served with a plum, tomato, and coconut cream sauce. American guests might like to finish off with a Polynesian version of pumpkin pie—the local pumpkin-and- pine nut tart madeleine, or the papaya-coconut cheesecake.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
I am beginning to plan an all-too-short trip to New Zealand for March 2015. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more