Coconuts Beach Club & Spa
At a Glance
- it's been fully renovated
- good location
- some construction taking place as of this writing
Check Rates from our Partners
Coconuts Beach Club & Spa Review
Notable for having a gecko-shaped swimming pool (the creature's tail wraps around the swim-up bar), Coconuts is a lovely retreat at Si'umu Bay, on Samoa's beautiful southern coast. Built by owners Barry and Jennifer Rose, who escaped the fast-lane as Hollywood-based lawyers, Coconuts was almost washed away in the tsunami of 2009. Today, after extensive renovations, it's reopened its fale doors and has three two-room Coco Suites complete with romantic lava-rock waterfall showers, eight "treehouse" rooms decorated with bamboo four-poster beds, and seven beach fales. Construction of six over-water bungalows began in September 2012. Rates include treats from the mini-bar stocked with wine, beer, and soft drinks, airport transfers and bus tickets for a trip into Apia, and entry to the Saturday Samoan cultural day. Meal plans are available for the two restaurants. Activities include yoga, use of outrigger canoes, snorkeling, and kayaking.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
I am planning a trip in early may for 10 days.
We are three people. me and my wife. age 30 and a kid 2.25 years
we have read a lot about 10 days itineraries Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more