Top Reasons to Go
Go Caving. Both of Samoa's islands are excellent for spelunking, though beware that the caves can get wet and dark.
Pay Homage to Treasure Island. Robert Louis Stevenson's one-time residence has been beautifully restored and turned into a museum.
Eat as the Samoans Do. Samoans love to eat; some favorite dishes include fire-roasted coconut cream and taro leaves, breadfruit, and cooked green bananas.
Play Kilikiti. The Samoan version of cricket employs the same bat and ball, but with different and often varying rules.
Laze in the Sand. Samoa's beaches offer breathtaking views; ask the locals which are best for water sports.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe