Top Reasons to Go
Go Caving.: Both of Samoa's islands are excellent for spelunking, though beware that the caves can get wet and dark.
Pay Homage to Treasure Island.: Robert Louis Stevenson's one-time residence has been beautifully restored and turned into a museum.
Eat as the Samoans Do: Samoans love to eat; some favorite dishes include fire-roasted coconut cream and taro leaves, breadfruit, and cooked green bananas.
Play Kilikiti: The Samoan version of cricket employs the same bat and ball, but with different and often varying rules.
Laze in the Sand: Samoa's beaches offer breathtaking views; ask the locals which are best for water sports.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's