Samoa Travel Guide
Plan Your Samoa Vacation
This small South Pacific country (made up of 10 islands) packs plenty of visual drama with its seriously gorgeous beaches and awesome waterfalls and natural-rock pools. The bulk of the Samoa's 180,000 residents live on Upolu, which contains the capital Apia, a sleepy South Seas kind of town. Samoans still adhere to a traditional lifestyle where both family and religion play important roles and where rugby is a consuming passion.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Samoa restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Samoa
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Go Caving. Both of Samoa's islands are excellent for spelunking, though beware that the caves can get wet and dark.... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more
In a bid to compete with luxury cruise lines, Celebrity Cruises will launch “Suite Class”... Read more
Crystal Cruises ships début in nine European ports this summer.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more