Shady Rest Hotel
At a Glance
- large rooms
- free transfers
- furnishings a little plain
Check Rates from our Partners
Shady Rest Hotel Review
While not cheap by most international standards, this is the best, safe budget hotel in Port Moresby. The friendly and efficient motel-style accommodation has large and comfortable—if simply furnished—modern rooms with a/c. Some are "themed" with large colorful murals on the walls. There is a bar and restaurant on-site, and if you get bored with sitting in a restaurant, there's also a take-out pizzeria. Free airport transfers are available.
- Address: Sec 4, Lot 7/8/9, Tauruma Road, Gordons Port Moresby, 111
- Phone: 323–0000
- Location: Port Moresby
- 60 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more