With starched-linen tablecloths, polished-wood floors, and crystal glasses, this restaurant in the Airways Hotel, beside the international airport, is at the very top of the PNG range in terms of ambience and food quality—and of course, price. The latter can be exorbitant, but the cuisine is excellent. Dishes show a pan-global influence, but the menu has a distinct lean towards France. The steaks are always a good option. There is also an extensive wine menu that is a match for the food, but brace for an eye-watering experience when you see the bill.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more