Papua New Guinea Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Watch the Birds: Papua New Guinea is home to nearly 700 species of beautiful birds.
Take a dip: Crystal clear water, coral reefs, and vibrant undersea life make this a go-to destinations for snorkelers and divers.
Go Tribal: Especially during festivals, don't miss traditional tribal performances, complete with headdresses and loincloths.
Take in the Flora. Port Moresby's National Botanic Gardens is among the capital city's most lush, verdant places.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe