Papua New Guinea Travel Guide
Plan Your Papua New Guinea Vacation
Dichotomous Papua New Guinea (PNG) is both one of the world's fastest growing economies and among its most rural. The island nation is culturally rich, with hundreds of different ethnic groups, many of which are made up of just a hundred people. It's that possible there are more than six million speakers of 800-plus indigenous languages. Because PNG is so ethnically diverse, the country is home to a wide range of art, music, dance, and handicrafts. There's not much tourist infrastructure here but, as with its fellow Oceana Islands, visitors to PNG enjoy beaches, snorkeling, and its laid back pace of life.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Papua New Guinea restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Papua New Guinea
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more