Island Fish Fry
Island Fish Fry Review
This barbecue stands out, with its island entertainment and freshest seafood, as a Norfolk Island tradition. A few operators run this event, which kicks off at 5 pm at Puppy's Point, high above beautiful Anson Bay on the island's northwest side. Visitors can turn up with their own picnic and snacks or join an organized fish fry, such as the one run presented by Pinetree Tours on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Fish, salads, homemade bread (including yummy local coconut bread), and desserts including coconut pie and some intriguing banana dishes are served. It's a family evening out and the sunsets are, weather-permitting, absolutely stunning. After the fish fry, Pinetree Tours conducts a Mutiny on the Bounty show at a different venue.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more