Golden Orb Cafe and Bookshop
Golden Orb Cafe and Bookshop Review
Named after the Golden Orb spiders that can be found in the owners' garden, this cozy diner is open daily for snacks and lunch. You'll find it tucked away along a little street not far from the visitor information center in Burnt Pine. Proprietors Jack and Caz serve traditional English fare, such as the ploughman's lunch (bread, cheese, pickles, and chutney) and hearty meat pies, along with tasty quiches and roast-pork wraps. If you simply want to unwind after a day's exploring with a book, drop in for excellent Campo coffee (with beans from a Sydney-based specialty roaster that sources its beans from around the world), and a cake—the locals suggest you try Aunty Dot's muesli slice.
- Address: Main Street, opposite tourist information office Norfolk Island
- Phone: 6723/24295
- Location: Norfolk Island
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more