Norfolk Island Travel Guide
Plan Your Norfolk Island Vacation
Clean, green, and breathtakingly beautiful, Norfolk Island is like a little chunk of New Zealand adrift in the South Pacific. It is forested with Norfolk Pines and populated by just 2,300 residents, many of whom are direct descendants of the Bounty mutineers (the crew who staged the famous mutiny on the HMS Bounty in 1789). Remote with dramatic cliffs lashed by wild seas, NI was the perfect place for a penal colony. Today it proudly preserves and shares with visitors its convict and Bounty history.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Norfolk Island restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more