Norfolk Island Travel Guide
Clean, green, and breathtakingly beautiful, Norfolk Island is like a little chunk of New Zealand adrift in the South Pacific. It is forested with Norfolk Pines and populated by just 2,300 residents, many of whom are direct descendants of the Bounty mutineers (the crew who staged the famous mutiny on the HMS Bounty in 1789). Remote with dramatic cliffs lashed by wild seas, NI was the perfect place for a penal colony. Today it proudly preserves and shares with visitors its convict and Bounty history.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Norfolk Island restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Norfolk Island
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
We're not surprised that some of Anjelica Huston's favorite places in the world are in and around the... Read more
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you... Read more
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports,... Read more
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe