Sights & Attractions in Wellington and the Wairarapa
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Around Masterton
The tranquil, 6-acre Awaiti Gardens is registered as a garden...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Around Masterton|
An hour's drive east of Masterton along Te Ore-ore Road (which...
Fell Locomotive Museum
The tiny town of Featherston is worth a stop for the Fell Locomotive...
|Museums / Galleries||Around Masterton|
This is Wairarapa's major population center, and like Martinborough...
Pukaha Mount Bruce
Come here for a fine introduction to the country's wildlife...
|Nature Preserves||Around Masterton|
Queen Elizabeth Park
Queen Elizabeth II Park, has a lake with a waterside promenade...
Tararua Forest Park
Enjoyable bushwalks in gorgeous forests laced with streams are...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's