- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Three king-size chandeliers dominate the high ceilings in this classic, old Wellington building. The café area has half-paneled walls and a matching bar that gives a touch of understated class. The Akaroa salmon, Atlantic scallops, and mussels in a chorizo, saffron, and potato broth packs a medley of flavors into one dish. Leave room for the irrisistible saffron poached pear, pistachio baklava, Persian floss, and Turkish delight—yes, that's one dish!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
We have just returned from two weeks in the land of the long white cloud although we only saw cloud on two days and rain on one!
We spent a week in the Bay of Islands with the highlight being sailing i Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more