The official residence of New Zealand's prime minister was a simple cottage when first erected in 1843. It has increased in size and grandeur somewhat since then. Prime ministers remained in residence until 1935, when the labor government, caught up in its reforming zeal, turned it into a dental clinic. The house had fallen into disrepair by the early 1990s. Since then it has been restored. The house isn't open to the public.
260 Tinakori Rd., Wellington, 6011, New Zealand