- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
During weekdays the roads are mostly quiet, ideal for cycling and relaxed motoring; however, driving on rural roads can be deceptive. Keep a sharp eye out for livestock movement—large herds of cattle or sheep can be just around that bend.
Weekends at virtually any time during the year can bring a flood of visitors. The first Saturday in February and March, the two Martinborough Fair Days, can see traffic jams for miles. On a good, sunny winter weekend, Wellington people regularly pop "over the hill" to sample a vineyard meal and a glass of vino. Plan your visit if you want to avoid the crowds.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's