Wellington and the Wairarapa Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wellington and the Wairarapa Hotel Reviews
Accommodations in Wellington range from no-frills backpacker hostels and motel units, to classic bed-and-breakfasts in colonial-era villas, to sleek central hotels.
As more people move into the city, apartments moonlighting as "serviced-apartment" hotels are gaining steam. Rates are significantly more expensive than those of the average motel, but the apartments, such as City Life Wellington, are a good option if you're planning to stay a while. Most of these apartment-hotel hybrids have weekend or long-term specials.
Lodgings generally do not have air-conditioning, but the temperate weather in Wellington rarely warrants it.
Browse Wellington and the Wairarapa Hotels
- InterContinental Wellington
- Palliser Bay and Cape Palliser
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's