Getting Here and Around in Westport
Getting Here and Around
There are daily flights in from Wellington and Christchurch by small commuter plane. It's a 3¼-hour drive to Westport from Nelson to the north, or a 1½-hour drive south to Greymouth. Either way you'll pass along incredibly scenic coastline or river gorge surrounded by thick native bush and high ranges. InterCity buses and Atomic Shuttles travel to Westport daily, en route between Nelson and the glaciers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's