- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are daily flights in from Wellington and Christchurch by small commuter plane. It's a 3¼-hour drive to Westport from Nelson to the north, or a 1½-hour drive south to Greymouth. Either way you'll pass along incredibly scenic coastline or river gorge surrounded by thick native bush and high ranges. InterCity buses and Atomic Shuttles travel to Westport daily, en route between Nelson and the glaciers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe