- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Every large, and most small towns have an information center or i-SITE office; watch for the blue and white "i" sign showing their location. The Treasured Pathway (www.treasuredpathway.co.nz) is an excellent, joint regional endeavor through the Nelson and Marlborough areas outlining the best of the sights in the "Top of the South."
Several regional tourism organizations maintain helpful Web sites: Destination Marlborough (www.destinationmarlborough.com), Nelson Tasman Tourism (www.nelsonnz.com), Tourism West Coast (www.west-coast.co.nz), and Glacier Country Tourism Group (www.glaciercountry.co.nz). The Department of Conservation (www.doc.govt.nz) is always a good source for the various national parks and reserves.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe