- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The West Coast is poorly served by rail, but the exception is the TranzAlpine Express, which ranks as one of the world's great rail journeys. The train crosses the Southern Alps between Christchurch and Greymouth, winding through southern beech forests and snow-covered mountains. The train is modern and comfortable, with panoramic windows and a no-frills dining and bar service.
The TranzAlpine Train (0800/872–467 (NZ only). www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz.)
The Coastal Pacific Train (0800/872–467. www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's