InterCity runs between Christchurch and Kaikoura, Picton, Blenheim, and Nelson a couple of times a day. Aside from tour buses, the only reliable local alternative is Atomic Shuttles. Atomic operates coaches between the most popular tourist spots and shuttle vans on the lower-profile regional runs. Bus tickets can be booked directly or at information centers.
Atomic Shuttles (0508/108–359 or 03/349–0697. www.atomictravel.co.nz.)
InterCity (03/365–1113. www.intercity.co.nz.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's