- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Red Barn Café
Red Barn Café Review
About 10 km (6 mi) north of Murchison this rustic, rural cafe also has a small farm park with sheep, goats, donkeys, and emus. There's a small fee to go into the actual animal park (NZ$5 adults, NZ$3 ages 3 to 15, free for under 3's); however there are also little animal hutches on the expansive lawn—a great place for the kids to run around after a long spell in the car. There's both indoor and outdoor seating and they offer the usual cafe food, either off the blackboard menu or from the cabinet.
- Address: Mangarata, State Highway 6, Murchison, 7007
- Phone: 03/523–9400
- Location: Murchison
- No dinner Mon.–Fri.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more