- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Red Barn Café
Red Barn Café Review
About 10 km (6 mi) north of Murchison this rustic, rural cafe also has a small farm park with sheep, goats, donkeys, and emus. There's a small fee to go into the actual animal park (NZ$5 adults, NZ$3 ages 3 to 15, free for under 3's); however there are also little animal hutches on the expansive lawn—a great place for the kids to run around after a long spell in the car. There's both indoor and outdoor seating and they offer the usual cafe food, either off the blackboard menu or from the cabinet.
- Address: Mangarata, State Highway 6, Murchison, 7007
- Phone: 03/523–9400
- Location: Murchison
- No dinner Mon.–Fri.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more