- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Twin Waters Lodge
At a Glance
- interesting tidal esturine
- a strong eco-policy is in place with good waste disposal, use of solar energy, and use of rainwater
- limited evening dining options in shoulder seasons if not eating in-house
Check Rates from our Partners
Twin Waters Lodge Review
Built on the edge of the Pakawau Estuary, this small but stunningly designed lodge overlooks the surrounding hills and wetlands, and is a two-minute walk from the sea on the other side of the peninsula. Curved timber ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, and two sheltered multilevel decks enhance the property. Despite the very Kiwi coastal environment outside, the lodge rooms are decorated with international themes, with names such as Shanghai, Zanzibar, Safari, and Naigani, and decorated with artwork brought back from your hosts' worldly winter travels. The lodge is extremely close to all the natural wonders of Farewell Spit and its exceptional birdlife. It's just a short drive to the wild western beach of Wharariki. Ask your hosts about the clifftop walk. A three-course dinner is available at NZ$65 per person but book ahead.
- Address: 30 Totara Ave., Pakawau, 9 km (5½ miles) past Collingwood on road to Farewell Spit Collingwood, 7073 | Map It
- Phone: 03/524–8014
- Website: www.twinwaters.co.nz
- Location: Golden Bay and Takaka
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June–mid Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
26 Day Road trip
Hi, we are two couples early 50's embarking on a 26 day road trip through the South & North islands in Nov. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more