Twin Waters Lodge
At a Glance
- interesting tidal esturine
- a strong eco-policy is in place with good waste disposal, use of solar energy, and use of rainwater
- limited evening dining options in shoulder seasons if not eating in-house
Check Rates from our Partners
Twin Waters Lodge Review
Built on the edge of the Pakawau Estuary, this small but stunningly designed lodge overlooks the surrounding hills and wetlands, and is a two-minute walk from the sea on the other side of the peninsula. Curved timber ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, and two sheltered multilevel decks enhance the property. Despite the very Kiwi coastal environment outside, the lodge rooms are decorated with international themes, with names such as Shanghai, Zanzibar, Safari, and Naigani, and decorated with artwork brought back from your hosts' worldly winter travels. The lodge is extremely close to all the natural wonders of Farewell Spit and its exceptional birdlife. It's just a short drive to the wild western beach of Wharariki. Ask your hosts about the clifftop walk. A three-course dinner is available at NZ$65 per person but book ahead.
- Address: 30 Totara Ave., Pakawau, 9 km (5½ miles) past Collingwood on road to Farewell Spit, Collingwood, 7073 | Map It
- Phone: 03/524–8014
- Website: www.twinwaters.co.nz
- Location: Golden Bay and Takaka
- 4 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June–mid Oct.
View deals in Upper South Island and the West Coast for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More