- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Twin Waters Lodge
At a Glance
- interesting wetland location on the coast
- a strong eco-policy is in place with good waste disposal, use of solar energy, and use of rainwater
- limited range of evening dining in winter if not eating in-house
Check Rates from our Partners
Twin Waters Lodge Review
Built on the edge of the Pakawau Estuary, this small comfy lodge overlooks the surrounding hills and wetlands, and is just a two-minute walk from the sea on the other side of the peninsula. Rooms and shared spaces have sheltered decks, and the simple room decoration is enhanced by the leafy views out the windows. The lodge is extremely close to all the natural wonders of Farewell Spit and its vast coastal wetlands and exceptional birdlife. The hosts give lots of advice about the area. It's just a short drive to Wharariki and the wild beaches on the West Coast. Ask Mike about the clifftop walk. A three-course dinner is available at NZ$65 per person but book ahead.
- Address: 30 Totara Ave., Pakawau, 9 km (5½ mi) past Collingwood on road to Farewell Spit Takaka, 7073 | Map It
- Phone: 03/524–8014
- Website: www.twinwaters.co.nz
- Location: Golden Bay and Takaka
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June–Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
Hi guys, I'm starting to organize my wardrobe for 5 days in Sydney and 10 day cruise to Auckland on Regent Voyager in January. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more