- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Twin Waters Lodge
At a Glance
- interesting wetland location on the coast
- a strong eco-policy is in place with good waste disposal, use of solar energy, and use of rainwater
- limited range of evening dining in winter if not eating in-house
Check Rates from our Partners
Twin Waters Lodge Review
Built on the edge of the Pakawau Estuary, this small comfy lodge overlooks the surrounding hills and wetlands, and is just a two-minute walk from the sea on the other side of the peninsula. Rooms and shared spaces have sheltered decks, and the simple room decoration is enhanced by the leafy views out the windows. The lodge is extremely close to all the natural wonders of Farewell Spit and its vast coastal wetlands and exceptional birdlife. The hosts give lots of advice about the area. It's just a short drive to Wharariki and the wild beaches on the West Coast. Ask Mike about the clifftop walk. A three-course dinner is available at NZ$65 per person but book ahead.
- Address: 30 Totara Ave., Pakawau, 9 km (5½ mi) past Collingwood on road to Farewell Spit, Takaka, 7073 | Map It
- Phone: 03/524-8014
- Website: www.twinwaters.co.nz
- Location: Golden Bay and Takaka
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June--Sept.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
We have just returned from two weeks in the land of the long white cloud although we only saw cloud on two days and rain on one!
We spent a week in the Bay of Islands with the highlight being sailing i Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more