- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
At a Glance
- a top eco-experience
- generates own hydropower
Check Rates from our Partners
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki Review
In World Heritage rainforest beside the Moeraki River a 20-minute bushwalk from the Tasman Sea—the superb surroundings and passionate eco-guides make this lodge an ideal place to relax in and learn about the amazing natural environment here. This place is about more than meals and a bed. On-site naturalists introduce you to native plants and animals. Rates include a full breakfast, four-course dinner, use of canoes and kayaks, and two short, guided walks or kayak trips. There are 24 Rainforest Rooms and four (even more luxurious) Riverview Rooms. Two to three night stays are encouraged, to really get the essence of the surroundings.
- Address: State Hwy. 6, 90 km (56 mi) south of Fox Glacier, Westland National Park, 7842 | Map It
- Phone: 03/750–0881
- Website: www.wildernesslodge.co.nz
- Location: Westland National Park
- 24 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June and July.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more