- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
At a Glance
- an intense eco-experience
- generates own hydropower
- see the Fiordand Crested Penguin—the world's rarest penguin
- very remote location
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki Review
In a World Heritage–listed rainforest on the banks of the Moeraki River and an easy 20-minute bushwalk from the Tasman Sea—the superb surroundings and team of eco-guides make this lodge an ideal place to get absorbed in the environment. On-site naturalists introduce you to native plants and animals. Rates include a full breakfast, four-course dinner, use of canoes and kayaks, and two short, guided walks or kayak trips.
- Address: State Hwy. 6, 90 km (56 mi) south of Fox Glacier, Westland National Park, 7886 | Map It
- Phone: 03/7500881
- Website: www.wildernesslodge.co.nz
- Location: Westland National Park
- 24 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June and July.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
I am finalizing details on my trip to NZ, which is coming up in 2 weeks and would appreciate insight and feedback in finalizing activities and details on my itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more