- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
At a Glance
- a top eco-experience
- generates own hydropower
Check Rates from our Partners
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki Review
In World Heritage rainforest beside the Moeraki River a 20-minute bushwalk from the Tasman Sea—the superb surroundings and passionate eco-guides make this lodge an ideal place to relax in and learn about the amazing natural environment here. This place is about more than meals and a bed. On-site naturalists introduce you to native plants and animals. Rates include a full breakfast, four-course dinner, use of canoes and kayaks, and two short, guided walks or kayak trips. There are 24 Rainforest Rooms and four (even more luxurious) Riverview Rooms. Two to three night stays are encouraged, to really get the essence of the surroundings.
- Address: State Hwy. 6, 90 km (56 mi) south of Fox Glacier, Westland National Park, 7842 | Map It
- Phone: 03/750–0881
- Website: www.wildernesslodge.co.nz
- Location: Westland National Park
- 24 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June and July.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more