- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Therese and Hans Herzog produce a superb range of wines off their organically managed estate vineyard. Pinot grigio, pinot noir, and montepulciano are standouts, along with their wonderful merlot-cabernet, aptly named "The Spirit of Marlborough." The tasting area invites you to spend a long sunny afternoon exploring the delights of the cellar. You can also enjoy an elegant bistro lunch in the tasting room, or, if you've made reservations, you can have a full meal at the adjoining —widely considered one of the best in the country. Or book to join one of the daily Winemaker's Table lunches and explore the joys of the Herzog cellars along with some wonderful food. There are also cooking classes available (from NZ$180) and a delightful boutique vineyard cottage to stay in (from NZ$380 per night).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T — $1,120 Air New Zealand
We have just returned from two weeks in the land of the long white cloud although we only saw cloud on two days and rain on one!
We spent a week in the Bay of Islands with the highlight being sailing i Read more
Hi, all -- since I find other people's trip reports so helpful I've decided to post one of mine. Read more
For some time I've been haunting these boards and butting into other people's threads, so i thought that it was high time that I had a go at working out my own itinerary for you all to take pot shots at. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more