- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park
At a Glance
- incredibly clean, tidy outfit layered down a terraced slope
- trampoline for the kids
- bikes for rent
- campsites a little cramped if full
Check Rates from our Partners
Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park Review
A moderate walk from town, this nicely laid-out site has spotless accommodations and ample facilities. There are cabins, en suite cabins, studios, and full motel units available; there are also powered camper-van sites and campsites. Lots of guest facilities in the crammed but nicely landscaped shared areas include hot tubs, heated pool (summer), trampoline, indoor/outdoor dining, barbecue, and clean, modern kitchen. The view of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountains is breathtaking. There are two holiday parks on Beach Road—this one is on the inland side of the road. Because it slopes away fom the main road, traffic noise is minimized. Bookings are essential in summer.
- Address: 69 Beach Rd., Kaikoura, 7300 | Map It
- Phone: 03/319–6275; 0800/692–322 free in New Zealand
- Website: www.alpine-pacific.co.nz
- Location: Kaikoura
- 8 cabins, 4 studio units, 8 ensuite studio units, 2 2-bedroom units, 50 campsites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more