- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park
At a Glance
- incredibly clean, tidy outfit layered down a terraced slope
- trampoline for the kids
- bikes for rent
- campsites a little cramped if full
Check Rates from our Partners
Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park Review
A moderate walk from town, this nicely laid-out site has spotless accommodations and ample facilities. There are cabins, en suite cabins, studios, and full motel units available; there are also powered camper-van sites and campsites. Lots of guest facilities in the crammed but nicely landscaped shared areas include hot tubs, heated pool (summer), trampoline, indoor/outdoor dining, barbecue, and clean, modern kitchen. The view of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountains is breathtaking. There are two holiday parks on Beach Road—this one is on the inland side of the road. Because it slopes away fom the main road, traffic noise is minimized. Bookings are essential in summer.
- Address: 69 Beach Rd., Kaikoura, 7300 | Map It
- Phone: 03/319–6275; 0800/692–322 free in New Zealand
- Website: www.alpine-pacific.co.nz
- Location: Kaikoura
- 8 cabins, 4 studio units, 8 ensuite studio units, 2 2-bedroom units, 50 campsites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
Okay, so I suck at packing.And I mess it up both ways: either too much or not enough. I never get it right. We have 5 weeks OZ/NZ (!) with 3 days in Hong Kong on the way. Destinations include Sydney, Uluru, Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more